Getting HereThe School will take place at Penn State University, located in State College, PA. The official address for the summer school is 262 Willard Building, Penn State University, State College, PA 16801. The Penn State campus is a short taxi/uber/lift ride from the local University Park Airport (SCE), which is served by American, Delta and United Airlines. State College is 3-4 hour driving distance away from major aviation hubs in the New York area, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Baltimore, and is on the line of multiple Megabus routes (https://us.megabus.com/city-guides/state-college).
Here you can find a map to PennState University.
Housing and Meals
Participants will be staying at the Eastview Terrace.
The following are not permitted in University housing
- Candles, incense, and halogen lamps
- Cooking Equipment
- Alcohol (even for participants 21 and older)
Smoking and the use of tobacco are prohibited in and on all University owned or leased properties, facilities and vehicles.
Smoking includes the burning of any type of lit pipe, cigar, cigarette, or any other smoking equipment whether filled with tobacco or any other type of materials. This includes smokeless tobacco.
A meal card will be provided at check-in. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be available Monday – Friday. Saturday and Sunday brunch and dinner will be available.
- Check-in is located is on the ground floor of Redifer Commons. GPS Address is: https://www.map.psu.edu/?id=1134#!m/336818
- Please be sure to come with a government issued ID at check-in
- Redifer Commons will be open 24 hours during your stay with us. The phone at Redifer Commons is (814)-865-5263
- You may park outside of Redifer to check-in. If you requested a parking permit it will be issued to you at check-in.
- Your linen package will be in your room. The package will include a towel, bed linen, blanket and a pillow.
All meals are served at South Food District in Redifer Commons.
The hours are as follows:
- Breakfast (Monday – Friday): 7:00a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Lunch (Monday – Saturday): 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Brunch (Sunday): 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Dinner (Daily): 4:30 – 7 p.m.
The cost of laundry is included at Eastview Terrace where you will be staying. You will however be responsible for supplying their own laundry supplies.
Bins are located in labeled closets on each floor; you are responsible for emptying your own trash/recycling into the closets.
Free to use! Turn on your wifi and follow directions for the “attwifi” connection.
You are responsible for ensuring that your room key is returned at check-out time (access cards may be kept). If your key is not returned or is lost you will be charged $64.00 to cover the cost of a core change replacement fee.
Parking is available at either Eisenhower Parking Garage or East Parking Deck. We will need to know by March 11th if you will need parking. Parking is assigned by Conference Services. You will be given your parking pass at check-in.
The school is scheduled to begin at 8:40am with a welcome by the organizers, and the first lecture is scheduled for 9am.
All students are strongly encouraged to present a poster at the school. Details about the posters will be contained in the admission letter you receive. Location for discussions and poster sessions are forthcoming.
Copies of lectures notes will be available during the School. Soon after end of the School, these will also be available on the website. All talks will be videotaped and will be available online.
LibraryIf you would like to make use of Penn State’s library please stop in at the library with the ID card provided to you during check-in
The delivery of USPS mail and packages will not be available.